El Rocolo

Recioto della Valpolicella D.O.C.G. Classico


Area of cultivation

Unique vineyard sited on the hillsides of the designated Valpolicella Classico region in the district Negrar, made up of a series of terraces held back by dry stone walls called “Marogne”, where we can find some descendants of historical grapes varieties.

Grape varieties

Corvina 70% - Rondinella 20% -Dindarella, Croatina 10%. Harvest carefully selected for the process of drying that lasts on average 4 months.

Wine-making

Gentle crushing, followed by a maceration on the skins and a slow fermentation in stainless steel tanks for 40 days.

Aging

15% of the wine in French barrique for about 12 months, whereas the aging of the remaining 85% is made in stainless steel tanks. Aging in the bottle varies from 6 to 12 months.

Colour

Intense ruby red.

Alcohol content

13,5% Vol.

Bottle

50 cl.

Pairings

Almond biscuits, dark chocolate and pastries without jam or cream.

Serving temperature

12°/14°C.

Back to Wines